Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Materials
Our Continuing Professional Education materials consist of newsletters issued four times per year, 2-hour ethics material for Enrolled Agents (EAs) issued once per year, and courses updated annually. All of our materials qualify for CPE credit for Enrolled Agents.
All of our materials are approved by the IRS.
Elite Quarterly Newsletters - There are four quarterly Taxation issues (Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter). Our newsletters cover current developments from Congress, IRS, Courts, and the Treasury. Each issue qualifies for 4 hours of CPE in the field of Taxation.
Ethics for EAs - The Ethics material generally consists of information pertaining to Circular 230, Internal Revenue Code provisions and Treasury regulations dealing with income tax preparers, as well as IRS items and court cases that pertain to income tax preparers. It qualifies for 2 hours of ethics CPE for Enrolled Agents. It does not meet state-specific ethics requirements for other professionals.
Courses - Our courses for EAs are worth 6-hours of CPE and are updated annually. Currently we are offering our “Individual Income Taxation Series,” which consists of four 6-hour courses on numerous individual income tax topics. We also offer our “Business Income Taxation Series,” which consists of four 6-hour courses: two S Corporation Taxation courses and two Partnership Taxation courses.
Continuing Education Requirements for Tax Professionals
Enrolled Agent Renewal
- Renewal cycle: every 3 years based on last digit of SSN. The November 1, 2016 - January 31, 2017 renewal cycle is for SSNs ending in 4, 5 or 6 (view Circular 230 Section 10.6(d) for details)
- Renew online at Pay.gov (put 8554 in the search box)
- Renew on paper using Form 8554
- Renew your preparer tax identification number (PTIN) between October 16 – December 31 each year at www.irs.gov/ptin
Continuing Education Requirements
- We provide materials that satisfy the Ethics– 2 hours in Ethics and professional conduct component required for EAs FREE for customers who subscribe to any of our packages. For each hour of CPE, there are five quiz questions. A minimum score of 70% is required; two additional attempts are permitted without additional cost. Hours are electronically reported to the IRS when you provide your PTIN. All credits must be obtained from IRS approved CE Providers. We are IRS approved!!
CPAs and Licensed Accountants
Our newsletters and courses conform with the enhanced AICPA/NASBA Standards for providers of continuing professional education. Some states (such as Florida, Tennessee, Minnesota, Mississippi, Oregon and South Carolina) require CPE materials to be QAS-approved. We are listed on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, our materials ARE QAS-approved!
Texas CPAs - Texas State Board of Public Accountancy registered CPE sponsor. Sponsor ID # 005180.,